There are no pre-requisites or any other training package entry requirements for this course.
IHNA has in place admission criteria for courses in its scope as required by its 'Application and Enrolment Procedure for VET Courses' to ensure that candidates meet industry requirements
- Offshore International students who wish to apply for this course must meet the following requirements International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination (Academic) with a minimum total band score of 5.0 and minimum score of 5.0 in each of the four components of listening, reading, writing and speaking;
- Applicants are required to be 18 years old and above.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed an LLN test and demonstrate competence as working at Level 3 for all indicators to enrol for this qualification (issued within the last 12 months from the time of admission).
It is essential for the student to possess basic computer skills.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE PLACEMENTS (PEP):
Professional Experience Placements (PEP) is a compulsory component of this course and 100% attendance is mandatory. Students must complete all theory and simulation components satisfactorily prior to attending placements.
The Professional Experience Placements will be 5 days a week. Students may be allocated a morning (AM) or afternoon (PM) shifts. Morning shifts usually start at 7 am and evening shifts can finish at 10.30pm. Each shift is 8.5 hours long (including 30 mins meal break).
PEPs are undertaken in partnership with a wide range of placement providers. These providers are located throughout metropolitan, regional and rural areas, and in some cases interstate. Students must consider that they may be required to travel or relocate for the duration of the placement to the facility location. Students must attend as per schedule; no special arrangements or changes will be made on the allocated placements. PEPs may be cancelled without prior notice by the facility.
Additional Requirement for professional experience placement:
- A satisfactory National Police Clearance / Australian Federal Police Clearance Certificate (AFP)/ NCC will be required for all PEPs
- IHNA highly recommends students to complete the immunization process before the Professional Experience Placement start date as some fac
While IHNA will work with you to make "reasonable adjustments" in the campus lab and classroom, there are work place practice conditions that occur in the workplace environment that are beyond IHNA's control.
The physical requirements below are necessary to function in the healthcare facility and/or community setting. Students must be able to perform and complete course objectives and requirements with or without reasonable adjustments. Our courses cater to a range of candidates. The candidates are required to be physically fit to manage tasks.
Skills and abilities that are needed to perform client care to pass the course objectives and requirements are:
• Strength : Sufficient to assist with lifting and transferring a client, and perform CPR
• Mobility : Sufficient mobility to bend, stoop, and bend down to the floor; ability to move around rapidly; and to move in small, confined areas.
• Hearing : Sufficient to hear through the stethoscope to discriminate sounds; to hear cries for help; to hear alarms on equipment and emergency signals; and various overhead pages.
• Vision : Sufficient to make physical assessments of client and equipment.
• Communication : Able to communicate in both verbal and written formats; and interact with clients, staff, and faculty supervisors.
If you have a disability or disorder or on any longer medications that will require reasonable adjustments to fulfil these requirements, then please declare in your course application.